This morning, I realized that in about 4 days, I'll be able to breathe a little easier. For an update, here are a few things that will have happened:
1. I will have made my final return trip down to CT (2 more weeks, and I'll officially be a veteran)
2. figured out what I am going to do for a license (my current one will no longer be current when I turn in my military ID)
3. finally sold our house in NC
4.taken my final exam for Greek II.
Am I ready for ANY of it? nope. Does it really matter? nope. Despite the fact that yesterday, the fridge door was accidentally left cracked open and we lost all of our dairy and over 3lb of chicken, I sprained my ankle and my oldest son pooped in the tub; I have to admit that nothing seems to be able to dislodge this calm I am feeling. I'm realizing that none of it really matters! I have to attribute that to God's authority over all things. Strangely enough, I see all of this stressful stuff as encouraging! I have to wonder if that is what Paul intended when he wrote Philippians 4:13. To me, it is more of a confirmation that God has me in His hands. I'm definitely going to have to remember that fact in about a month, when there is no income, Yolanda gives birth and the Fall semester begins.
Hey, I'm certain that even Paul had times when he despaired, even after writing that letter to the Philippians! Why should I be any different?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment